10 Tips For Preventing Heart Disease
Cardiovascular Disease (CVD) is the most common interference with healthy aging and long life in the modern world. Here are a number of practive ideas and tips to help you prevent the problems associated with heart disease. The triad of primary risk factors is smoking (nicotine addiction), high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. Even if your parents had high cholesterol or early heart disease, you can override, or at least delay, these influences with a proactive, healthy lifestyle.
- Maintain your ideal weight as closely as possible. If you smokem do everything in your power to stop.
- Minimize your intake of saturated animal fats, especially excessive dairy products, as they seem to raise cholesterol more than other foods.
- Minimize your intake of high-calorie, low-nutrient foods like baked goods, chips, boxed sugared cereals, and other processed foods, as well as the salty snacks from chips to cured meats.
- Exercise regularly with a balanced program that includes stretching for flexibility, aerobics for endurance, and weight training for strength.
- Eat more high-fiber, high-nutrient, lower-calorie foods, such as vegetables, whole grains, legumes, and fruits.
- Get food-quality oils by eating nuts and seeds (ideally raw, unsalted, and organic), such as almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds, as well as omega-3 oily fishes that include salmon and sardines (good with green salads).
- Nutritional supplements to consider for protection against cardiovascular disease includes vitamins C and E, omega-3 fatty acids, and the B vitamins to maintain normal cholesterao metabolism and minimize homocysteine levels.
- Special nutrients that can be helpful in preventing and treating early disease include L-camitine, Co-enzyme Q-10, Chromium, and higher levels of Niacin.
- Learn to manage your stress, let go of anger and frustrations, and communicate your feelings in a safe and non-aggressive way.
- Develop close personal relationships that you can count on for support. Continue to expand your ability to give and receive in your friendships/loveships