The Elko Clinic Financial Policy
- Copays All co-payments are due and payable at the time of service. The patient is expected to present an insurance card at each visit, if applicable.
- Self-pay accounts Self-pay accounts are patients who are covered by insurance plans that the clinic does not participate in, patients without insurance or have not meet their deductible. It is expected that payments be made at time of service.
- Extended payment arrangements For balances over $200.00, payment arrangements can be made. The remaining balance is to be paid over the next six months in equal monthly payments due by the first of every month. Patients who fail to make a monthly payment will be sent to a collection agency and may be terminated from the practice.
- Automobile accident cases The patient will be treated as a Self-pay account. We do not bill third party insurances.
Patient refunds-Patient credits will gladly be refunded if there are no outstanding insurance claims or outstanding patient balances.
- Divorce/child custody cases In cases of divorce, the individual who receives the care is responsible for payment of copays, coinsurance and non participating insurance balances at the time of service. We will not bill a divorced spouse for the patient’s services. For child custody cases, the parent with whom the child resides will receive the bill and that parent is responsible for payment at the time of service whether the account is considered self-pay, participating insurance, or nonparticipating insurance. It is the parent’s obligation to work out an agreement themselves or through the court system.
- Referrals We are glad to accept referrals from a designated primary care provider (PCP) with authorization prior to your visit. Without prior authorization, it will be necessary to either reschedule your appointment or pay for your visit at time of service.
- STATEMENT OF NON-DISCRIMINATION: The Elko Clinic provides services to all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, handicap or age. This financial policy helps the clinic provide quality care to our valued patients. If you have any questions or need clarification of any of the above policies, please feel free to contact us.