10 Ways To A Better Diet
- Take time to eat and chew your food well for best digestion.
- Drink good quality, non-contaminated water, at least six glasses per day.
- Focus your diet on vegetables, raw and cooked (steamed or baked) and fresh fruits.
- Eat a wholesome breakfast and hearty lunch, and then a lighter evening meal if you can. Don't overeat or eat too much after nightfall.
- Eat a greater percentage of hight-fiber, carbohydrate foods (vegetables, grains, and beans) and a lesser amount of animal fats and proteins.
- Avoid excessive fried foods, salt, sugar, refined foods, and chemicals in your diet.
- Work at correcting your abusive habits-caffeine, alcohol, nicotine and sugar - getting away from their daily use to see how you will feel.
- Take easy walks after meals if possible and get enough exercise to best utilze the nurtrients and calories you consume.
- Eat a balanced diet, focusing on whole grains and vegetables, legumes and fresh fruits, and adding only some nuts and seeds, dairy products and animal foods, predominantly fresh fish as appropriate.
- Take a multiple vitamin-mineral as indicated for your age and sex, along with extra vitamin C and anitoxidants, as well as othe supplements individualized to your needs.